Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring, will you please stay for awhile?

As I continue to read through Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, she continues to challenge me to be more Christlike.  In my thoughts.  In my actions.  In my attitudes and motivations.  One of my favorite topics in the book so far has been her analyzing fear vs. trust.  This quote from Chapter 8 was a breath of fresh air for me:

"All fear is but a notion that God's love ends.  Do you think that I end, that my bread warehouses are limited, that I will not be enough?  But I am infinite, child.  What can end in Me?  Can life end in Me?  Can happiness?  Or peace?  Or anything you need?  Doesn't your Father always give you what you need?  I am the Bread of Life and My bread for you will never end.  Fear thinks God is finite and fear believes that there is not going to be enough and hasn't counting one thousand gifts, endlessly counting gifts, exposed the lie at the heart of all fear?  In Me, blessings never end because My love for you never ends.  If My goodnesses toward you end, I will cease to exist, child.  As long as there is a God in heaven there is grace on earth and I am the spilling God of the uncontainable, forever-overflowing-love-grace."

These words are a powerful, comforting reminder on the dark days.  When it seems God is absent.  When the joy is seemingly more difficult to cultivate.  I am thankful for a God who sees me and who knows what is best for me, even when I don't "see" him moving.  

Now, about this Indiana "Spring".  You have to search long and hard, but when you see the sun shining through the dark clouds, and the buds pushing their way up through the ground, you get a small glimpse of what's coming.  Praise the Lord!



 I told you that you would have to search long and hard...can you find the buds in the bottom picture?  It's like Where's Waldo...without the stripes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment